14 April 2012

FAMILY TRIP TO PERHENTIAN ISLAND (DAY 1)

Teluk Dalam beach where we stayed.

Salam and good day to everybody,
I have dream very long to visit Perhentian Island. Eventhough Perhentian is not too far from my residential area (quite far actually, about 600 km from my house and it takes about 6 hours from my hometown at Penang to Kuala Besut Jetty) it located in Malaysia and I don't have to use my pastport or to get a visa to go. I planned many times to come here but failed because of my budget. That's why when my dream become a reality, I just can't believe it. We went to Perhentian on 29 th Mac 2012 and went home on 2 nd April 2012. Four days of unforgetable memory. No wonder why tourists chose this island as their vacation. I just can't put the memory out of my head. Perhentian is really a beautiful island. I can still feel the waves lullaby and myself floating, swimming, watching the coral....oh,no I need to stop thinking of all these.
Teluk Dalam view

We stayed at Teluk Dalam (Deep Bay) and I suggest this place to all tourists who came together with their family, especially the one with children.  I have a few reasons of saying this. First, the sea level is shallow, 20 meter into the water, the sea level is about your shoulder. Second, the sand was very smooth at the beach and inside the water.  I barely found dead corals  here. Third, the water was very clear and blue. Fourth, there's many budget chalets and the food price was reasonable. There's one burger shop that opened until midnight. Fifth, the scenery was like 'wow..wow' and the workers there were very friendly. I suggest that you stay at Fauna Beach Chalet, this chalet offer us a great deal. If you wish to stay here, ask for a beach front chalet, the cost was about RM50.00, you can contact the manager at 609-6911607 (Mr Asmadi).

Teluk Keke view

We arrived at about 10.00 am, check in at 12.00 and our first destination on the first day was Teluk Keke (KK bay). This place was nice and no inhabitant. Only tourists come and go. There's one foodstall selling fried food and junk food. We were given a few snorkeling sets by Fauna and we were asked to try them first and check any defect before we went snorkeling the next day. I was informed that the snorkeling set haven't been used before. Gratefully,we're given the new sets.

Teluk Keke water was quite wavy due to north wind
It was so happened that we met with north wind during our visit to Perhentian. A day before , weather forcast announced that there will be a storm around Sabah coastal area that will affect South China Sea. This storm was not supposed to affect Samui coastal area which include Perhentian, but somehow we still can feel the stong current of the waves.

Strong current at Teluk Keke

Natural beauty of Teluk Keke. Unlike Teluk Dalam, no one sweep the dry leaves on the sand ..
Teluk Keke is about 4 km from Teluk Dalam. We went there by boat. Actually we could jungle track from Teluk Dalam. There is a pathway, but we were very tired and tend to save our energy for snokeling the next day. There no one lives here except a stall which operates during day time, a camp, and an old jetty. Informed by my blogger friend, this land is owned by State Goverment. This bay is really pristine, the water was clear, the sun shines so brightly that I could barely open my eyes. Good place for sun bathing, provided that you really wanna get tanned (but please don't show all what you have. This is a muslim country. I do not suggest 'two pieces'. Cover yourself a little bit especially if there's Malay around or find a place seperate from crowd, that show how understanding and respectful you are) . Don't apply your sun lotion and kill all coral just to protect youself for a few days (sun lotion is believe to be one of the reason of coral extinction because it consist oil as major ingredient ). Ready to get sunburn or otherwise don't come here...

The sun shines very brightly

On the left side of Teluk Keke, where we test our snorkeling set..

On the left side of Teluk Keke Beach, the view was nicer and there was a lot of fishes at the beach. My husband snorkeled there and found that the fishes were quite big, about the size of his palm and brownish in color. The fish even bit him for not bringing any food (lol..) I was quite unhappy with my feeling of 'depth phobia' that prevent me to follow him any further. Actually I can swim quite well but everytime I feel that the sea bed is deeper that my height, I will panic and that spoiled everything. The panic causes by a drown memory  at Redang Island and I'm yet be able to vanish it.

Clear blue water...can u see my husband snorkeling?

My kids and my younger sisters (twin) enjoying the water...

How I wish that one day I will have enough saving to by a brand new outdoor camera. This photo is captured using my Sony Ericsson hand phone. Do you sea the colour of the water, how clear it is? Actually in real it's even bluer and clearer. My hand phone camera cannot produce the real colour when it exposed directly to sunlight. I brought my Sony Ericsson digital camera but it worse. Dear readers, suggest me the most perfect camera for outdoor ... and the price too. I'm going to start saving.

Actually the water is bluer than what captured using hand phone camera. I wish that one day I have
 enough money to buy a better camera suitable for outdoor.




No comments:

Post a Comment