04 January 2012

COLLEGE VISIT TO UITM, SYAH ALAM & KUALA LUMPUR

Salam,

 This was an educational visit to Uitm Syah Alam with my ex-student of Bukit Mertajam Community College on April 2009 . The visit was nice but more related to fasion and apparel subject that my students studying at that time. I was their Pembangunan Diri (soft skill) lecturer at that time. We went to Uitm Syah Alam at Fakulti Senireka and we were very fortunate because at the same time, the Uitm final year students was having their final year project. So, we got the chance to see their apparel design project. Their experimental design was superb. Not only they displayed their final apparel design but also completed with the packaging, i.e the paperbag for the apparel, which they designed themselves. The bag showed their future company name, brand and contact address. I was really interested to see the bag, even more than the apparel itself. After the visit, we went to KL and Putrajaya to visit some of the famous fashion designer in Malaysia such as Salikin Sidik and Maya Karin wedding dress designer, if i'm not mistaken, his name is Saiful Bahari.




Syah Alam mosque where we performed Subuh (early morning)  prayer during our visit.

My daughters infront of one of the experimental outfit which look more like an alien outfit.

Another 'alien like' outfit...

This one look nicer..


My kids fulfill the emptiness of the exibition area.

Do you see the birds hanging on top? I like this photo without knowing why?

Some of the art exibited there.

The fabric, design and illustrated by Uitm students.

The ferro cement 'moo moo' , looks like a real buffalo.

My student from Bukit Mertajam Community College.

At night, posing at Putrajaya..

Another photo at Putrajaya.

In front of the Prime Minister Office.

At Uitm, before we went home

At Salikin Sidek boutique, one of his outlet at Kuala Lumpur.


1 comment:

  1. This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me out from my problem..
    Chevrolet HHR AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete