03 January 2012

Trip to Southern Thailand

These are actually our last two years photos of our trip to Southern Thailand. Actually we went there to bring our friend home from Mecca. He is a Thai- Malay. He stay in our village at Tasek Gelugor, Penang. His wife is Malaysian. He runs a tomyam stall not far away  from my house. We went to Pathalung to take him home. On the way back, he brought us to his hometown at Narathiwat, Thailand.

Narathiwat (famous as 'Nara' to locals), was quite a scary place. We needed to pass by many groups of Thai soldiers guarding and checking us almost every 5 to 10 kilometres. They sit behind sacks of sand and branches that they arranged in such away that nobody can go through or pass-by easily. There was a horrible bombing tragedy happened two days before we arrived there. Somehow the locals looked so relax and happy as though nothing happen in their village. The market, the shopping area, the food court run like normal.

Apart from staying at his relative home, he also brought us to a few famous place like Danok, Yala, Songkhla and Haatyai. Haatyai was a very nice place to go. But the most memorable place that I visited was Markaz Tableegh Yala where I needed to cover the whole body with burqa to go in. It was such a divine place, very different to other places , very clean, very honourable (sorry if I used wrong adjectives). I hope that this will not be my last visit to Yala.

We also visited Songkhla Beach which was very clean and beautiful, Haadyai shopping area which was crowded with people at night. I cannot believe my own eyes to see the number of human being overcrowding the night market. Such a 'happening' place. If you plan to visit this place, be prepared not to sleep at night..
The followings are a few photos I managed to capture during my busy trip at Southern Thailand.




Clicking your finger to attract the bird. This was a routine to locals. But the man in the photo is my husband.
 

Nice meal at the market, 'nasi ayer' and 'ubi sira'. love it..


Meal again, even nicer. Somtam, very sweet and spicy. No more 'space' in my stomach..

Don't you think this photo looks nice? with the real background , not the dummy type we used to take at photo studio...


This one is nicer of course...(the photo taken at Nara Riverside.)


Somebody said that my hubby and I look like a just married couple..


the behind scenery looks very nice...


My car (left) and their car (right)...


Looks like high school girl, am I?


This type of transport is abundance in Thailand. My hubby hope to buy one..


 Tableeghi Centre at Yala..



Meal again.. Laksa Thailand..
 

This might be the main reason why Thailand is famous with pick-up. They put human in.


food stall in the pick up..


Nice security guard.. we talk with him using sign language.


At Songkhla beach.


At Songkhla beach.


At songkhla beach.


At songkhla beach. I dislike statue. But This is only to convince others that we were at Songkhla. 



Bye..bye ..salam..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment